A Victorian brass double bed is the centre-piece of Whinlatter, one of our cosier rooms, furnished with soft blues and yellows, with views of the walled garden and fountain. The en-suite has a shower.
A king-size bed sits in front of the Victorian fire-place. This room has the original house bathroom (though now equipped with modern appliances including a bath and shower!)
Look out over the cedar tree and the farms on Whinfell beyond.
A double en-suite with bath and shower. Low Fell has two windows over-looking the cedar tree at the front and Dorothy’s private garden to the side of the house. Look down on the bird baths and squirrel-feeders. More often than not you will see the red squirrels having an early breakfast.
Originally a servant’s bedroom and more latterly Eloise and Cameron’s bedroom when our family first moved to Winder Hall. The en-suite is stylishly furnished with contemporary units and shower.
The bedroom furniture, including a queen-sized bed, is beautifully hand-crafted from New Zealand hardwood with a soft red patina.
Relax on the window seat over-looking the cedar tree and the farms on Whinfell. The double bed is tucked under its own eaves. The en-suite has a shower.
- Tea or coffee and cake
- On site hot tub and Jacuzzi
- Laundry and drying room for wet anoraks and muddy clothes
- Jigsaws, games and a well stocked bar for days in
- Packed lunch can be made for you on request
- Rucksacks, maps and route cards for days out
- Wander through the gardens-no problem if you want to help with the weeding!
- Kick your shoes of and snuggle up on leather sofas in front of the fire
- Collect your own eggs for breakfast or help feed the pigs in the afternoon, on the days when Nick or one of the team can take you down